Scorpio-J Newsletter Swap Organizing
How it works
1. You offer up a free book to give away. I set it up as a freebie in my BookFunnel account—you just give me the files, I do the work!
2. You receive a personal Scorpio-J dashboard that shows who you’re sending and who’s sending you each month.
3. Every month, you share a link in your newsletter for another author's free book. (Four months = four different books.)
4. Every month, someone else shares your link in their newsletter. (Four months = four different authors share you.)
5. After each month, in addition to getting your book into the hands of a bunch of new readers, you also get a list of new subscribers and their first names.
*GDPR Compliance: Because we use BookFunnel’s GDPR tools, the lists are GDPR-compliant.
If a reader accesses your link from anywhere in the EU, they will not required to sign up for your newsletter in order to receive the free book. Instead, they are given the option of whether or not to sign up.
However, all readers outside of the EU are required to sign up for your list.
Your list grows like bonkers with high-quality subscribers*.
You have an amazing free book giveaway to reward your readers every month
A bunch of readers from all over the romance spectrum become your new avid fans
*What makes these subscribers higher quality than other giveaways? Anyone who subscribes to your list via this swap has already proven that they read another author's newsletter, which means they're likely to read yours in turn. They've also demonstrated that they're interested in your books by downloading one for free, rather than signing up for your list to try and win an unrelated prize. Win win!
Authors in 2017 averaged between 600-1200 subscribers per month, depending on the book they offered. (Newer books generally mean more subscribers.)
$100 per quarterly session
By signing up for the Shop Talker Newsletter Swap, you agree to participate in the swap for a 4 month period of April to July 2019.
In July, you can decide if you’d like to renew for another quarter.
You should send your book by the last day of the month.
If you will be late sending out the book, you must email both me and your swap partner to let us know. This will let your partner know that their new subscribers will be delayed.
If you forget to send out your monthly partner's free book, your new subscriber list for the month will be held until you have a chance to send it out.
Yes, you can send more than one book out in a single email.
For example, if you get behind on your sends, you can send two books in one campaign to catch up.
To the best of my ability, you will cycle between partners with larger mailing lists and smaller mailing lists, to help everyone's list grow as evenly as possible.
Because of the widely varying list sizes, I cannot make any guarantees about how many subscribers you will receive each month. It could be as little as 50 and as many as 2500, but over time your numbers should even out and you will grow.